Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sa Majeste la Rose

"The Accolade" by Edmund Blair Leighton

Sa Majeste la Rose is a masterpiece. It's full on rose that is unapologetic and regal. This rose is not trying to hide behind anything, it's larger than life and yet never in-your-face, and that is why I love it. It's me in a bottle.

It's a classic work of art. The intensity and purity of the rose mixed with the honeyed notes in the drydown make it effortlessly romantic and chic. While it is classic, it is in no way old fashioned. It has none of the traits we associate with old-fashioned rose grandmother scents (although I do love those as well). It's contemporary without being weird, and classic without being old. A perfect, harmonious balance of all that is beautiful.

The name really says it all. It is a Queen and as such should be worshipped and given due respect. I would like to make it my signature scent. If I were always associated with that scent I would have no complaints. Serge Lutens is a master and if you haven't had the pleasure of trying some of his weird, unique, beautiful and classic fragrances, you're missing out. They take you on a crazy ride and it's wonderful. I presently own two SL fragrances, Fumerie Turque and Sa Majeste la Rose. I plan to own many, many more.

No comments: