Wednesday, May 5, 2010

One Shade to Rule Them All


I know I'm a bit late to the game, but how awesome is Laura Mercier's Shimmer Brick? I am blown away at how beautiful it is and the magazine style glow it adds to my skin. I've been using illuminators for years, but this is really the best! I have my dear sister Brunie to thank for this. She's been a huge fan for years and in order to convince me that it's better than the rest, she sent me one.


Her care package (I love, love, love receiving care packages - it's so "brown paper packages tied up with string...") also included Chanel Coco Rouge 01 lipstick called Beige Félin. It is the perfect caramel color. It reminds me of one of my favorite movies of all times, The Thomas Crown Affair with Rene Russo and Pierce Brosnan. She is so elegant and glamorous and amazingly beautiful. There is an air of serious chic surrounding her and she rocks a perfect caramel lip almost the whole movie long. Her hair is crazy gorgeous, too. The movie is pure glamour. I think I'm going to watch it again.

It's been my life's dream, along with winning a Pulitzer for the book I have yet to write, to own that perfect caramel lipstick. A lipstick to rival all other lipsticks. One lipstick to rule them all. A lipstick that has the power to inspire envy from suckers who are too busy planning out their lives and careers to concern themselves with something as "trivial" as the perfect lipstick. A lipstick that says: grace, elegance, class, glamour, "I am Rene Russo in Thomas Crown Affair", power, and "look what I got" all in one impossibly chic tube. Well, the search is over. It has been found. It is Chanel Coco Rouge 01 Beige Félin - just in case I hadn't made that clear.

On an unrelated/related note, I just bought (because it was too good to pass up) the May issue of In Style magazine with Scarlet Johansson on the cover. It is amazing! Please go to your newsstand and take a gander. There is a list of 150 beauty must-haves from makeup, to skincare, to hair products and brushes. There are gorgeous fashion pics and styles, finds and extravegances. Very fun.

No comments: