Monday, January 4, 2010

What Are You Up These Days?


Lately I've been...

Reading lots of books since all my shows have taken a break during the holidays. Nothing special, but very entertaining. At them moment I'm reading a historical novel - if it proves to be all that, I'll blog about it. So far it's full of intrigue, politics, betrayal and adventure. It's about the Highlands right after the Jacobite Rising.

I've seen some very good movies lately. The most blogworthy I believe is Avatar. It's the first movie I watched in 3D and I'll tell you right now, it blew my mind! For almost 3 hours I lived in Pandora and experienced the adventure. What a ride! I have never been so impressed with a movie. I'm going this week to see it again before it leaves theaters.

I've been cooking and cleaning like a scullery maid. My nails look like I was raised in the 1800's and have no idea nail care products exist. I am an embarrassment to those I love and have brought shame to my friends and family. Now that all of this is over, I will give myself the most intensive mani-pedi this side of the equator. When I look down at my hands they will be a thing of beauty, a source of pride, not a reminder of my slavery over the holidays without any help, from anyone, at all, ever. I'm not bitter. Much.

The other thing I've been up to is listening to Adam Lambert's album. My friend James gave it to me for Christmas and it was totally unexpected, and totally awesome.

Last, but not least, I have been wearing my Benefit Badgal Lash Mascara for a month now and love it. I have also learned to show a little love to my Diorshow Iconic Waterproof Mascara, which proved to be a life saver over these super hot days when I went trecking off to the hippie fair in Ipanema with my friends and other exiting and life threatening expeditions. It was the hottest day ever and we chose to go outside and walk around the fair. Probably not the wisest choice, but we had fun, bought semi-precious stone necklaces and earrings, irregular pearl necklaces (I bought one and it's lovely), mother of pearl jewelry, pottery and hand made whatnots. We also almost died of dehydration and sunstroke, but I'll focus on the positive.

My sister sent me the sweetest lipstick from Bobbi Brown, Creamy Lip Color in Nectar. It's a soft peach shimmer that is lovely and has the most magical glossy sparkle around. Perfection! I've been using it everywhere and it has made me very happy.

Tata for now!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Avatar is really awesome!!!!
I see you Flor!!!!!
:)

fmd74 said...

I see you Tati!