Monday, November 16, 2009

Perfect Nails and Cuticles


My nails had been giving me some grief and I've been less than enthusiastic about taking care of them. I know that sounds bad, but it's all such hard work and then it all goes down the drain (literally) every time I have to cook. I use gloves a lot to wash dishes and for chores, but for some reason my nails - especially my cuticles - were just not representing. I needed something easy, something simple, but something more intensive than my L'Occitane hand cream to keep my cuticles looking good regardless of what I put my hands through on a daily basis.

This is when I discovered Granado nail and cuticle wax. This stuff works really, really well. About 3 times a day I take a bit and put it on my nails, concentrating a bit more on my nail beds, and just like magic, they're beautiful. The wax instantly perks them up and makes them look good, absorbs quickly and doesn't leave any greasy yuck behind. Fantastic. I've been using it for 5 days now, about 3 times a day, and I can honestly say that I love it. I don't know what took me so long to find this stuff. I know most people use cuticle oil, but because I work with my computer a lot and have to type all day long, oil on my hands is just a bad idea. Making nourishing wax was a genius idea and I hope all you Brazilian readers will give this a try. I'm not sure this brand is sold anywhere outside of Brazil, but it would be work looking into. This product has been automatically added to the staples in my collection - you know, those ones you cannot do without like: L'Occitane Shea Butter hand cream, Tweezerman tweezers, Blistex lip ointment, Sebastian Potion 9, Shiseido Sun Protection Powder Foundation and Johnson's Lavender baby powder. It's part of the Pink line by Granado and costs about R$12 (US$6). It comes in a tiny pot with 7gr but a little goes a long way. I expect the little pot I have will last about a year, give or take.

No comments: