Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland Photos


OMG, people! I have been working on a translation job that is kicking my ass. Not that the content is that difficult, but the deadline is. Out of all of this the good thing is that I'm getting paid well for it, and I got a new job out of it. I'm not quitting my present one, just adding another little segment to my day. I'm really excited about it and have a very good feeling about my family's future.

I wanted to post a little something and I found some pictures of Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland that will come out in 2010. Scaaaary! All in all I think it will freak the living bjesus out of everyone - I know I'm going to be pretty freaked out. As far as horror stories go, this is a bit better than most as it's a "magical" freak story...for children. Poor little buggers. Imagine reading (or watching) this story before bed. Sweet dreeeams (said in a sing-song creapy voice). But to be quite honest, Alice in Wonderland has always been a bit of nightmare story to me. I found these pics in the Huffington Post through the Lancome blog (Anne Hathaway is the face of Lancome's Magnifique fragrance) and think you will enjoy them:

Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter - creeeeeeepy:


Helena Bonham Carter as the Red Queen - this is the best she's ever looked, if you ask me:


Anne Hathaway as the White Queen - hypnotising. I think I may watch the movie just because of her. How beautifully surreal she looks! There's a peaceful, angelic, hypnotic quality to this look that I love. If I were into Halloween at all, or if I had any serious dress up parties to go to, I would go like this:


The makeup artists who developed the concept for each of the looks have got to be commended. I wouldn't be surprised if they win an Oscar for this. It's really amazing stuff, don't you think?

1 comment:

angie said...

Johnny Depp looks creeeeeeeeeepy!!!