Monday, April 6, 2009

Fave Musical Moments

Yesterday Mary, Tati and I had a glorious picnic on a perfect sunny day. There was a gentle cool breeze, lovely rays of autumn sun bursting through the trees, birds singing, capivaras feeding nearby, fish swimming and Andrea Bocelli serenading us (not in person, unfortunately).

We relaxed and talked, read and laughed for hours. Such magnificent good times. It was mine and Mary's birthday party for Tati. While we were there we started talking about our favorite musicals and the songs in the musicals, you know, those ones you'll always remember. We were originally thinking of the most romantic ones (this being Tati's thing and all), but then we got carried away and went on and on. I won't post everything, it's just too much - you know what suckers we all are for musicals - but I will give you a glimpse.

Here are some of our favorites:

Mary's fave romantic song from a motion picture



Tati's fave romantic



Angie's fave (not romantic because Angie is so not romantic and unless someone is throwing a phone or breaking out of all the prisons this side of the Atlantic she's just not interested)



My fave. Let me explain. I think the song is beautiful, not the whole betrayal of King Arthur by his two most trusted friends, which positively stinks. This story kills me every time.



These are pure gold and great every single time. Enjoy:







Wow! I could go on and on and on and on, but we've got to stop somewhere, and I choose here. Plus this leaves me many options for next time.

You're welcome!