Thursday, March 12, 2009

Bollywood Crazy

For today's post I thought we would just have some fun. The world is abuzz with all things India - due largely to Slumdog Millionaire's success. I've decided to join in the fun and found these awesome clips on Youtube which should not be missed. For reals.

This first clip is hilarious. There's the cool Indian guy, the guys in colored suits and cool dude clothes, and of course the girls. Check it out for a very good time:



This next one is fun because the colors are so vibrant and beautiful and of course, there's the lovely Aishwarya Rai. Everything looks more beautiful when she's in it.



This next one some fool put an "interpretation", or what he thinks the words sound like. In this particular case I think the song and filming and all are great on their own, and the "interpretation" is pretty funny as well. It's too bad it's a bit disrespectful to their language. But it's funny - does that make up for it?



I remember years ago my when Fajah was traveling the East he mentioned that on his train rides in India they would show Bollywood movies and he commented that they were always super elaborate productions of people running through fields, crowds of people, choreography, etc. Who would've thought that a decade and then some after he told me this, Bollywood would become all the rage.



You can thank Miojoboy for this pearl of great price.



And this post would be complete without a fave movie of mine, Bride and Prejudice, and my fave song in it.



I have no idea if these are the best that Bollywood has to offer, but to me they seem great.

No comments: