Monday, March 9, 2009

Bobbi Brown Summer Looks - and some other ones as well


Hello lovely ladies (sorry boys, this post is so not for you)! I have just spent the weekend eating, drinking and breathing makeup and products. All of Saturday I was involved in a photo shoot for a band and two individual shoots for actors who need images for their "casting calls". I had a splendidly good time, but am still feeling the after effects of spending hours of high impact electric creativity and massive amounts of fun. I'll post some pictures and tell you all about it later this week, hopefully (fingers crossed and all that).


I wanted to let you in on what I believe to be the hottest summer fresh looks for these still ongoing sunlit days. It's still going to be hot and sunny for months to come, so I wouldn't put away your color collections just yet. I know you may not have all the colors or fancy things that are shown in the videos below, but keep in mind that the most important thing is the idea. That means that you can take one or two things you like about the look and incorporate it into your every day life.


I think the looks here (Bobbi Brown) are very wearable, relevant and appropriate for our tropical weather. It screams "happiness, fruit and fun" and that's the glow you should look for when putting on your makeup. In the winter months you can get away with more classic, clean, matte looks, but in the summer it's all shine, sheer, glow, shimmer and pop. Remember, pops of color here and there make all the difference - you'll see what I mean. Enjoy!







This next video is one of my faves because it clearly shows how to recreate the look. It's in Mandarin or something, and I pity all you fools who don't understand the pearls of wisdom coming out of the makeup artist's mouth, but you can still see very clearly what she's doing so I thought this would be a good video to include. Plus, how gorgeous is that model? Putting makeup on her would be the easiest thing in the world.

1 comment:

angie said...

Whahahahaha!! I couldn't stop laughing at that clip in Mandarin... it just SOUNDS soooo fuunnnyy!! :)