Friday, February 6, 2009

What Have You Been Up These Days?


Book

Voyager by Diana Gabaldon. This book has 1200+ pages so it's taking me a while to get through it. When I reached page 600 I felt like book 1 was done and I was starting a whole different book. I gave things a 10 day pause and picked up the book again yesterday and it's really terrific. I feel like instead of reading one great book, I'm reading two.

Song


Someone to Watch Over Me. I decided you should be hearing what I hear all day, so I put a clip at the end of the post with Katherine McPhee, from a couple of Idol seasons ago, singing the song in her own special way, my favorite way.

TV Show


With all the show starting again and new shows coming in, some of the ones I was most looking forward to a year ago, I'm not holding my breath for now. True Blood and The Mentalist are two shows I can't get enough of. Another show that has me coming back for more is Mad Men. I don't know why but it's strangely addictive.

Last Movie You Saw and Loved


Australia. A good epic with great people and a good story. I loved everything from start to finish.

Makeup


Shiseido sunscreen powder foundation and MAC lipstick "O".

Perfume


Eau de 4 Reines from L'Occitane. I'm using the soap and EDT. Love it. It makes me feel like a fresh rose garden.

Food


Cold salads and sandwiches.

Drink


Iced Tea. Can't get enough of it.

Guilty Pleasure


Long cold showers to wash off the excessive heat. Although, between you, me and the fan, I'm not that guilty about it.

Bane of my Existence


The construction being done on the outside of my building. I'm living on a prayer.

Anticipation


I don't remember a time when there was no banging or particles flying into my apartment. So what I anticipate is the end of the construction and the end of summer. The combination of the two is torture. Oh God! Why hast thou forsaken me?

Random Thought


Most modern calendars mar the sweet simplicity of our lives by reminding us that each day that passes is the anniversary of some perfectly uninteresting event. - Oscar Wilde



2 comments:

angie said...

Since classes haven't REALLY started up yet, I'm getting through 'The Bourne Supremacy'... way awesome-er than the movie because his wife doesn't die, she gets kidnapped by Carlos and David Webb (aka Jason Bourne) has to run after her... all the way to Hong Kong :)

That song's lovely...

I like those three shows too... would they really be as popular if the main guys were all ugly?

Hahaha, really?!! You're taking cold showers?!?!!

Mary Drumond said...

Book
Nothing. I'm scared of starting a new one 'cause any book will be dimmed in the shining light of my previous one: "Brideshead Revisited". Loved that one.

Song
"Can't take that away from me". With Sinatra and Natalie Cole. More upbeat than the original. Taken from Sinatra's last album.

TV Show
Idol. Toooooons of fun.

Last Movie You Saw and Loved
Children of Men. Saw it on TV but it blew me away.

Makeup
The Colossal Mascara from Maybeline....Huge lashes that aren't goopy.

Perfume
J'adore Summer. It's fresh, misty and wonderful.

Food
Bruschettas

Drink
Iced Coffee. Anything with coffee.

Guilty Pleasure
Indulging in expensive brands of Vodka.

Bane of my Existence
The disgusting weather that makes you hair stick to your nape in that "sweaty-sour" type way. Gross.

Anticipation
I've gotta say, I always look forward to May. I love the autumn.

Random Thought
I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
- George Carlin