Friday, January 16, 2009

Movies I Look Forward To In 2009


I took some time to go through the movie releases for this year and came up with a list of the ones I'm interested in. Truthfully, there are some I'm anticipating more than others, some that will be a total bust, and some that I'll change my mind about. But overall, I think these movies will represent and give us all something to look forward to.

Here they are in no particular order, well maybe in order of release, not sure...:

Bride Wars - Anne Hathaway and Kate Hudson declare war on each other once they get engaged (to other people, not each other), for no other reason than because they're crazy. You can see the trailer here.

Paul Blart - Mall Cop - Kevin James is funny, and that's all I'm gonna say about that. Okay, fine. He's a mall cop who wants to be a real cop but always fails the physical. He's given the chance to be a hero and rocks it. See the trailer here.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - Brad Pitt and Cate Hudson are amazing and the story looks good. It's about a guy who ages backwards, so weird. Interesting thing here, too is that Julia Ormond is back. Where is frick did she go? Anyway, see the trailer here.

Outlander - Jim Caviezel and a way out there story. Could go either way, so....yeah...here's the trailer.

Pink Panther 2 - Steve Martin doing his thing. Need I say more? Check it out here.

Confessions of a Shopaholic - Read the book, will most likely love the movie. Can't see how I won't. The stars of this movie are Isla Fisher and Hugh Dancy (be still my heart). Check out the trailer to see for yourself.

Fast & Furious - This is part 4 of the super franchise, only difference is it has all the original cast, which we love. Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and Skanky Rodriguez. I trust them to bring it in this latest addition to the crazy movies we've come to know and love.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine - This one is going to be awesome! I haven't seen a really awesome Hugh Jackman movie in a very long time. It was about time. Be sure to check this one out.

Wild Child - I think this will be a cutie petutie movie. I still like Amanda Bynes, but Emma Roberts is the new teen romantic/comedy movie star and I love that. She was great in Nancy Drew and I'm positive I won't be disappointed. The plot is pretty straightforward: spoiled American teen has life changing experience while at British boarding school, at the same time keeping things light and peppy. Check it here.

Angels and Demons - I plan on reading the book first before watching the movie because the other way around sucks. From this teaser though, it looks like it won't suck a bit. Tom Hanks does it again. Thanks, Tom!

Terminator: Salvation - I'm a Terminator fan all the way. I love the new TV show and will really love the new movie with Christian Bale, hello?! I am not, however, a Linda Hamilton fan as I think she looks like one of the forgotten creatures, and I just wanted to make that clear. Regardless of her scary presence, the movies rule. Check out the teaser here.

The Proposal - I can hardly wait for August to come around when it will finally be released here. I can't believe we have to wait a full month after the US release. Whatever. Anyhow, this movie is a romantic comedy (my fave) with Ryan Reynalds and Sandra Bullock. She needs a green card to keep her job and bullies him into marrying her. Check out the trailer here.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - No trailer yet, but the same cast and awesome people making it. Should be as great as the last one, which for the record, I loved.

Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs - All the funny characters and voices again. These movies are so much fun. Check out the trailer to this one.


Underworld: Rise of the Lycans - At first I thought no, but now I think I'm curious enough to give it a try. The main characters aren't here and this is a prequel. It's the story that was told in the first one about the Lycan and the Vampire and that horrible thing that happened, remember? Well, here it is. Check it out.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - They're taking their sweet time on this. Well, it'll give me a chance to read the book, which I'm ashamed to say I haven't done yet. Check out the trailer here.

Julie and Julia - This is a movie that's based on a book that was based on a blog. A young recently married woman decided to fight boredom by making each one of Julia Child's recipes from her book about French cooking, I forget the name, in one year's time. Anyhow, the blog was fun, I imagine the book was too, though I won't buy it, so I'm thinking the movie probably will be fun too. Meryll Streep is in it as Julia Child, and Amy Adams (love her!) is Julie. So, yeah. No trailer yet as it's only scheduled to be out in August, but we still look forward to it nonetheless.

How to Lose Friends and Alienate People - Simon Pegg is hilarious (Hot Fuzz) and this movie promises to be great. Check it out here.

The Boat that Rocked - This movie has all the funny and not so hilarious British actors in the world and promises to be as hilarious as it is over cast. This is a Richard Curtis movie, so, you know it'll be good. Want to see the trailer?

Bedtime Stories - Adam Sandler hopefully (fingers crossed) being funny again. Here.

The Ugly Truth - Gerard Butler (yay) and Katherine Heigl (okay, whatev) doing their thing in what looks to be a thoroughly enjoyable romantic comedy. Check out trailer here.

Australia - Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman in an epic. Movie theater worthy, I'm sure. Check out the trailer here if you haven't already seen it 1000 times on tv this last week.

Watchmen - OMG - yes! Check out the trailer here. I do love me a good superhero flick.

Monsters vs Aliens - 3D animation goodness! Made for kids and enjoyed by adults. Check out the trailer here.

New Moon - My heart will go on. This is the second part to Twilight. No trailer yet, but it's in the making and will be out this year.

You're welcome!

2 comments:

angie said...

Excellent movie guide! ;)

You should update this one from time to time... :)

Zephyr Girl said...

very nice:-)
gud info....
cheers,
zephyr girl