Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Movie Review: The Creature Wasn't Nice

One of the worst movies ever made had 3 redeeming scenes which made the whole thing worth it. Because of these hilarious scenes as well as the overall ridiculous story with no attempt at making it believable, it has become a cult classic. Fukui-san, Ezra, myself and some others watched this movie back in '98 and never forgot it. It's one of those spoofs on science fiction movies and has really, really bad special effects. Actually, I don't think any special effects were used at all, as you can see from the alien, it's clearly a man in a gummy candy or twizzler suit. The three scenes are the following: a song the alien sings called "I Wanna Eat Your Face"; the scene where the scientist is trying to prove the alien means them no harm; and a scene I wasn't able to find which is when they have a talent show. Leslie Nielsen (of course) has nothing to do, so he decides to show them how to stuff a turkey. It turned out to be one of the most grotesque and vulgar things I've ever seen and ridiculously hilarious. I just remembered another scene and I found it, so you're all very lucky today. It's called the "scream" and I'm not going to say anything else about it. I was unable to find this movie on DVD, so I'm afraid it's one of those "pearls of great price", but I don't think I'll spend my life looking for it - and neither should you. Here are the two scenes I was able to find -gold, pure gold!







Just saw it again. It is so funny! Good times!

No comments: